Sunday, September 23, 2012

Blog 5 Where There's Awareness, There's Hope.

Allergan Advertisement

I was thumbing through the Print Magazine's Design Annual 2007 and this piece was a standout to me. It was designed to support the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation and promote breast cancer awareness and breast reconstruction options. The pink ribbons that represent breast cancer awareness are commonplace - even overused - however, using a model shaped like the ribbon is brilliant. The pink radial gradient starting darker at the edges and lightening as it moves inward highlights the subject. The female form is the one and only focal point and her shape is instantly recognizable. The tag-line is simple and to the point and the sponsoring company even takes a backseat to the message. I was so intrigued that I looked up the company. Why would they be so selfless? Not quite. They do make products for breast reconstruction surgery. But at least they didn't totally take center stage, right?

Source: Print Magazine Regional Design Annual, November/December 2007, Agency: Lehman-Millet, p19.

1 comment:

  1. This is genuinely creative. I like the fact that they used a female body to do this. I wonder why it hasn't been thought of before. I think of breast cancer and these are not shown . . . brilliant and to the point.

    ReplyDelete